Tuesday, April 10, 2012

April is National Poetry Month

I love the changing seasons-- spring and fall, and with the winter rains, we are experiencing a beautiful wildflower season this year. I found a pastel section of picket fencing for $5.00 at a yard sale, and it made a great backsplash of pastel colors for April's display. I also hung a dish towel from France printed with different types of flowers, another yard sale find that cost all of a quarter.

I recycled the wads of colored paper for the effect of spring flowers dotting the floor, and included poetry books in a basket, scattered among the flowers, and on a little bench.

The wire shelves held several more poetry books, which also promotes the poetry contest our middle schools are currently having.

It's hard to believe this year has flown by so fast. I'm working on the display for the other middle school, which is going to be an undersea scene. I'm taking a leave of absence for the next year, hoping to catch up on my writing. Gonna miss these libraries and creating displays each month.



No comments:

Post a Comment